I love giraffes (who doesn’t?) and have decided to do a weekly/monthly (depends how many facts I can think of) Awesome Facts post, because why not?
– They only need to sleep up to two hours every day, and do this standing up.
– They are the only animal to move two legs on one side and then two on the other to walk.
– They have to squat to drink because their necks are too short to reach the ground (as shown in picture).
– They hardly ever fight, but when they do it only involves bumping necks and lasts for a few minutes. Essentially, if the world was run by giraffes it would be a much better place but probably with more extinct types of tall trees. Humans could learn a lot from giraffes.
– They have four stomachs.
– No two spot patterns on giraffes are the same, acting like fingerprints.