– They aren’t actually bears, despite often being called so.
– The koala species could be over 20 million years old according to fossils found in Australia.
– They sleep for up to eighteen hours a day in trees.
– They eat eucalyptus leaves but pretty much nothing else.
– They have unusually small brains.
– They are awesome swimmers.
– They are only the size of a broad bean when they are born, although whether they mean an individual bean or the bean pod I do not know. The animal world often confuses me.
– Found this picture – so cool!