– They can run up to 40 miles an hour (totally me in gym).
– Bears can actually see in colour, unlike many mammals, and have about the same level of sight as humans.
– Their stomachs can hold 68kg of meat (149 pounds, just under the average human – have fun out there in the wild).
– Like myself, they literally eat anything – engine oil, boots, car seats; they aren’t fussy.
– One bear really like one type of beer so drank a few more cans before passing out (clearly had the yolo! attitude).
– They don’t poop when they hibernate. No getting up in the middle of the night and walking into bathroom doors because it’s dark for them.
– There are eight species of bear, three of which live in North America and all are really cute which is surprising as they would really want to eat me if they saw me.
– Bear’s canine teeth are 1.5″ long – three times longer than humans. I swear I am never going outside now!
– After researching so many times for the ‘awesome facts’ tag I am being requested to join the RSPCA, RSPB and other charities for animals I have no interest in joining. Fabulous!